Periodically, MARC seeks public comments on transportation planning efforts and major amendments to transportation plans.
Share your thoughts on a roadway improvement project near I-49 in Grandview, Missouri
We would like your feedback on an amendment to Transportation Outlook 2040, the Kansas City region’s long-range, Metropolitan Transportation Plan. This blueprint describes how the region will manage, operate and invest in its multimodal transportation system during the next 25 years.
This particular amendment adds details, expands boundaries, modifies the total cost, incorporates phases and demonstrates financial capacity for an existing project in Grandview, Missouri.
- Convert the outer roadways of I-49 from one-way to two-way traffic.
- Add improvements to the existing outer roads, existing city streets near the Main Street interchange, and construct a new roadway between East 129th Street and Highgrove Road.
- Add roundabout interstate access on the north and southbound sections of I-49 near 140th Street.
- This could require up to three phases of construction projects to complete.
Comments are needed by Thursday, May 4, 2017.
- By mail: Mid-America Regional Council, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64105
- By phone: 816-474-4240
- By fax: 816-421-7758
- By email: email@example.com
MARC’s Total Transportation Policy Committee will document and review all comments. Find additional information about the MARC transportation planning process in A Guide to Transportation Decision Making and in MARC’s Public Participation Plan.