KCRPC Vendor Contracts
MARC has begun, on a very limited basis, to execute contracts with service providers that offer local governments access to quality services at a special discounted rate. For MARC to consider executing such a contract the vendor must meet several criteria:
- The vendor must provide a service that is in demand by local governments.
- The vendor must offer local governments in the metro area a discount through this program.
- The vendor must agree to pay to MARC a fee that will help support other local government services.
- The vendor must agree to sign an agreement that permits MARC and its members to continuously review the provision of the services and withdraw from the agreement and remove the vendor from the program if MARC determines that any of the criteria for participation are no longer being met or the quality of service is not adequate.
- The vendor must provide references, especially with local governments or other local entities.
- The vendor must
fall into one of the following categories:
- The service must be new and unique and of special interest to local governments. Such services will be offered as a beta test and, while being offered, will continue to be evaluated by MARC and its members.
- The service is provided by a trusted vendor with proven experience with MARC and/or its members.
- The vendor is selected through a formal vendor review and selection process.
This program benefits local governments by:
- Making local governments aware of potential providers of certain services
- Improving access to services, especially for smaller communities
- Providing some level of review or recommendation of service providers to help guide selection of service providers
- Reducing the time and cost of selecting service providers
- Providing access to services at a reduced price
The vendors that participate in this program can be used directly, if appropriate, or can be a potential responder under an RFP process.
T-Asset USA, Inc. is a new Kansas City startup company offering a unique computer network security solution. The security software, CyberSight, not only protects computers and networks from virus, worms, and other malware that can infect your computer systems, but it also provides valuable tools to monitor and manage your network. The software can be used as a stand-alone solution or as an additional layer of protection in tandem with other security software. This service, offered on a monthly fee basis per computer, is being provided through MARC because it is a unique software solution with considerable benefits for local government computer networks. The software is currently being tested on computers at MARC, KCMO, and the Unified Government. The service is being provided at a substantial discount through this contract with MARC.
For more information on the program, contact Georgia Nesselrode at 816/474-4240.