Reduce HHW Products in your Home
Tips to reduce the amount of Household Hazardous Waste products in your home:
- Read labels carefully. Avoid buying products with labels containing the words: danger, warning, flammable, explosive, corrosive, caustic, toxic or poison.
- Use safer products whenever possible. There are a number of recipes available to make your own safer alternatives.
- Buy only as much
as you need for the job at hand.
- Use our paint calculator to see how much you need.
- Share what you cannot use with a neighbor or friend.
- Recycle what can be recycled in your area such as motor oil and auto batteries.