Congratulations to the recipients of the 2017 Outstanding Performance Awards! This year's awards will be presented during the 20th Annual Telecommunicators Appreciation Celebration on Friday, April 7, 2017. The awards recognize the exceptional work that telecommunicators do for first responders and for the public. A selection committee chose the recipients from nominations submitted by 9-1-1 dispatch centers throughout the region.
2017 award recipients include:
- David Tucker, Independence, Missouri, Police Department
- Cory Lammers, Platte County, Missouri, Sheriff’s Office
- Kristina Martinez, Johnson County, Kansas, Sheriff’s Office
Outstanding Individual Performance in a Critical Incident:
Outstanding Team Performance in a Critical Incident:
- Kim Romine, Gladstone, Missouri, Police Department
- Tamara Bazzle, Candice Thomas, Donna Griddine, Kenie Bell, Leanne Hart, Heather Harvey, Amanda Neild, Arjelle Lawrence, ShaQuylan Earle, Jessica Bedsaul, Sarah Slentz, Charlene Mancuso, Vivian Young, Amanda Williams, Jacqueline Hopkins, Amelia McHale and Denise Jones - Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department
Outstanding Training Performance:
- Anjanette Deer, Johnson County, Kansas, Sheriff’s Office
Outstanding PSAP Leader:
- Wendy Dedeke, Leavenworth County, Kansas, Sheriff’s Office
Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Mike Murray, Kansas City, Missouri, Fire Department
In addition to this year’s recipients, MARC’s public safety communications program would like to thank all of the dispatchers and telecommunicators in our region.