As one of the many departments within MARC, the Department of Aging and Adult Services functions as the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) for Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte and Ray counties in Missouri.
Working with the Administration for Community Living and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, the AAAs address aging issues on the local level. They advocate for, design and implement programs to meet the unique needs of older citizens within the five counties they serve.
The department uses a combination of federal, state and local dollars to fund services. the largest being funds appropriated through the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended.
The cities of Kansas City, Mo. and Independence and five counties that MARC serves also contribute. These counties are Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte and Ray.
Generally, the MARC AAA services are directed toward residents of the five counties who are aged 60 and over, regardless of income. There is no fee scale. However, participants are encouraged to make voluntary contributions to offset costs of services they receive.
A limited number of services are available to people between the ages of 18 and 59 with significant disabilities.
For more information, please contact our staff:
600 Broadway, Suite 200
- James Stowe, Director of Aging Services
- Toni Bartram, Administrative Assistant
- Cindy Terryberry, Nutrition Services Coordinator
- Bob Hogan, Manager of Aging Administrative Services
- Tonya Boston, Aging Systems Specialist
- Heather Serrano, Aging Contract Monitor
- Michelle Brown, Manager of Health, Advocacy and Supportive Services
- Shannon Halvorson, Information and Referral Coordinator
- Michele Castaneda, Information and Referral Assistant
Kansas City, MO 64105-1659